We went to the park this afternoon. It is about 1/4 mile from our house, so we just walk there. I had AJU6 in the front carrier, so I had both hands free! Going to the park (as usual) was easy. With the exception of crossing the street, I don't worry about holding AJU5's hand because the roads are not busy (and I stay on the street side in case she starts to bolt for the street). At the park there was only one or two cries, and those were very short. She even got the courage to slide down two slides completely by herself (I normally have to hold a finger). Then we started to head home after 30-45 minutes. She (amazingly) was willing to go home and wait for Daddy. That is until we got to where we had to cross the street...
I asked for a finger - she refused.
I asked if she wanted to be carried... crying started.
I carried her across the street and went to put her down.
She turned to go back to the park.
I turned her back around.
She cried some more.
She tried to bolt towards the park.
I ended up having to carry her.
I let her down after a while only to have to carry her again (bolting back to the park). Repeat a few times...
She cried after we got in the house. She asked to go to bed, so I put her in her crib with milk and juice so she could calm down. Eventually she did...
1 comment:
Good job setting the boundaries and keeping them firm. She is certainly testing them. Hang in there...it will be a great thing when you bend that will into determination!
Post a Comment