When I was starting to get frustrated Wednesday evening, I realized I am lucky. I don't end up having to do it all most days or weeks. My husband is normally home by 4:30 or 5;00. He normally gets every other Friday off (as well as Saturdays and Sundays). When he travels, it is normally for one or two nights only.
I started to think of those whose husbands have to work 60 hours a week. Those families whose husband is only around on the weekends. I think of those families who work at places that don't value families. Then I realized having to do it all for a week and a half isn't that bad.
Wednesday night wasn't fun. AJU6 had 3 shots that afternoon and was not a happy camper. He just couldn't get comfortable for long because any movement in his little legs hurt him (luckily Tylenol eventually kicked in and he started to feel better. AJU5 was back at her not wanting to go to bed until every late (8;30ish), so I had two kids to wrangle when I was getting tired too. But, that was the last night of my husband's crazy work schedule at least for a little bit.
Normally if my husband has to work extra, he will do at most an hour Monday through Thursday and then work on Friday even if it is supposed to be a Friday off. But, when I hard deadline is coming up, they end up working even more than that. And, normally I don't mind the extra hours because he still gets paid overtime because he isn't staff. But, boy, with two kids it is harder!
Oh, and a little size update for AJU6:
10lbs 3.75 oz (25th percentile)
22.5 in long (over 25th percentile)
41cm+ head (nurse measured it at 41cm, but the doctor thinks it is larger than 50th percentile by look)
2 comments:
Hang in there! We're also lucky to have husbands who help us. It breaks my heart to read about women who have husbands that don't do anything to help with the kids.
I love the way you are able to count your blessings even in the midst of frustrations. You set a great example.
Post a Comment