Monday, February 1, 2010

Snug as Bug

A few tidbits about sleep around here:

Yesterday AJU5 fell asleep on our way home from church. I successfully got her up to and into her big girl bed asleep. This was no small feet! It involved me crawling onto the bed with her in my arms, making sure she was still asleep, and then crawling out. Unfortunately, she work about 15 minutes later and refused to nap the rest of the day. It made evening service "fun" because she was exhausted!

So, she fell asleep on the way home from evening service. But, since she was still in her nice dress and hadn't had her diaper changed in a few hours, we couldn't just drop her in the crib. So, my husband tried to wake her when he got her out of the car with no luck. He deposited her on the couch when they got inside, and I went to work changing her. She was so out that she laid ont he couch with her feet hanging out for a while. She did stir a little because getting her out of her dress was no small feet, but she never fully woke. And she slept 12 hours, so I am not oging to complain one bit!

AJU6 has had issues falling asleep the last two night. The only thing that has worked to get him asleep and to stay asleep is to lay down with him. He lays with his head on my arm, and we just snuggle for 10-15 minutes. Then, I can "deposit" him in his bed for the evening. I can get him asleep standing and rocking, but I can't keep my arms in the same exact position for 10-15 minutes, so he wakes. Luckily, the laying down works and I don't mind the snuggles!

So, I think that is it.

How have you been sleeping lately?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That's cute that she was so conked out she didn't even mind being changed-- what a tired little girl. AJU6 sounds like a pretty good sleeper, you lucky mommy!!

Jen L. said...

Dean keeps waking up around 3am. For a while, I think it was his ear infection hurting him or some sinus issues. Now, it may have become a bad habit. This morning it happened and when I went into his room, he waved and said "Hi, Sugar!" then stood up and danced. :)

Marianne said...

Sleep... oh sleep... I remember you well.

Coach Mom said...

Now that I am not taking care of an infant anymore, I am totally enjoying sleep again! Someone has to fall out of bed or get sick before they wake me up these days...