Saturday, June 14, 2008

Has It Been That Long Already?

AJU5 is 6 months old already. It is very hard to believe it has been this long! It was just over a year ago I told my family I was pregnant - just after my first OB/GYN appointment. There are times I am ready to be pregnant again, and then there are times that I think I am not sure I want to go through this again. The plan is to have two kids, roughly 3 years apart. But, since she was a surprise and through her we have learned that God laughs at our plans, anything could happen.

I love being a mom most of the time. The only times I don't like it are when she is inconsolable and some nights/early mornings when I don't get enough sleep. Other than that it has been great. Being pregnant wasn't terrible either. The morning sickness the first trimester and then the kidney infection at about 4 and a half months weren't cool, but those were the only issues. I didn't have problems getting around, shaving, etc. even at 9 months. And since I am considering a repeat c-section for number 2 (she was too big, so if number 2 is measuring any where near her size, I will go planned c-section), so labor won't be an issue.

But, I don't think we are ready for number 2 yet. The house is still not done by any stretch of the imagination. That definitely needs to be complete before we start trying (at least the interior). Plus, we are still getting used to being three. Being four I think would be hard. But, I know whatever God has planned for us He will help us though. At this time last year we weren't ready to be 3. We both prayed early on that I would miscarry because we weren't ready. But, they we accepted God's will. Now I can't think about use not being 3.

So, on the 6 month anniversary of her birth, I am happy where we are. I am happy with my family of 3. I thank God for getting us through these first few months and for the blessing she is.

Thank you Lord!

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.
Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
They shall not be ashamed,
But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.
Psalm 127:3-5 (NKJV)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I know what you mean about being ready-- but even though we were pretty sure we WERE ready, there are times when we're not! For me, the "baby fever" hit really hard when Harry turned 1.


I took your car seat poll-- the Britax Roundabout is awesome, as is the Cosco Alpha Omega Elite