AJU5 is thirteen months old today! It is hard to believe it. A year ago today I went back to work (with her in tow). Then we came to this house and saw the progress AJU1 and two other men from church had made on kitchen and dining room floor tiling. I am pretty sure we went home after that (to the old house), ate and napped as usual. She was so tiny then and didn't do much of anything. Now she is getting into everything! She explores everything she can. She loves to take things in and out of containers (my wallet has been emptied a few too many times the past two weeks!).
She still hasn't mastered the walking yet, but she is able to take 4 or 5 steps in a row when she wants to. Sometimes she will even walk away from us. But crawling is still easier and faster!
We are down to just middle of the night nursing sessions. I got rid of the before bed on last night and it didn't seem to affect her in the least. So, now I just have to wait until she is sleeping through the night to be done completely. I really hope that isn't too far off! If you would have asked me year ago (which my doctor did at my 6 week post baby appointment) how long I would breastfeed, I would say until she bit me. Well, that day has long come and gone. Her refusal to take a bottle after about a month was the kicker. I have enjoyed the time of bonding, but I am ready to be done I think. She doesn't seem to miss it during the day either. She is just not willing to go back to sleep well without it yet. She would probably do okay if we fully woke her up and fed her solids, but that is too much work (and probably not a good idea). So, waiting it is!
I wonder what the next 13 months will hold for us?
2 comments:
Happy 13th month, AJU5!
(and mom!)
Can you give her a sippy cup of cow's milk @ night? Harry loved dairy products, but Jack HATES Yobaby yogurt, so I wonder if he's ever going to kick the breast habit!
13 months-- what a big girl!
Post a Comment