I don't know if this week has flown by or gone by really slowly. All I know is that it doesn't feel like it has been a week.
About this time last week I was happy that I had been able to sit up for 10 minutes without feeling terrible. I was preparing myself for my ultrasound at noonish to confirm what I already knew. I was watching AJU5 demolish our bedroom while AJU1 helped a friend load all of the rubble from our family room into his truck to take to the dump (he did check on us regularly to make sure we were still doing okay).
Between 11:40 and 12:20, I sat in a chair at the doctor' office waiting for our turn. I felt terrible, but I survived. Then we went back and I was HAPPY to lay down. It felt so much better to not be upright. The sonographer was very meticulous, and finally went to see if my doctor wanted to see the images. When she left the room, AJU1 asked if what we were seeing was normal (he didn't go to the ultrasounds for AJU5). I told him no - if the baby was there we would have seen it. My doctor came in and looked at everything and then told us the baby was gone. She said she was sorry. And I shed a few tears. I could really tell she was sorry for us. She was actually very comforting while not saying much at all. That is why I love my doctor - I feel so comfortable with her.
Later today I have to go get another blood draw. I hate needles. But, I will survive.
BLOOD DRAW UPDATE:
Okay, that was a HUGE pain! First, they faxed the paperwork over to the lab place (not in the same building), but the lab's fax is not working. So, they call the doctor's office and complain that they hadn't gotten it yet. The doctor's office faxes it again. I wait 30 minutes and then the lab lady recommends I just go and get the paperwork (the doctor's office is just a couple of small blocks away). So, I go and get it (have to wait a tiny bit, but not too long for them to make a copy, fax it again, and then give me the hard copy). When I get back to the lab, I deal witha different intake person. I ask if the fax number is right, and she says it is but they have been having problems with it. The other intake person I had dealt with agrees! Why didn't she tell me this earlier? I could have just gone and gotten it to begin with! Then, I go back to have the blood draw and the first person misses. Luckily the second person doesn't. So, after 1 hour and two sticks, I was finally done! Now I am home. I picked up a Whipped Chocolate Mousse yogurt on the way home as a sympathy gift to myself. It is gone now...
3 comments:
I am so glad you have such a wonderful dr. I'm thinking of you.
I've been thinking of you (in a non stalkerish way) and hope you're feeling better everyday. Very annoying about the lab snafu, but the whipped mousse sounds delish :)
Labs are evil. I have bad veins, so I feel your pain there. Glad you found solace in chocolate! Take care.
Post a Comment