We went on a trip this past weekend. We met AJU1's family in the town that his brother (AJU3) lives right now (he is a ski instructor). We left Thursday and came back yesterday. Here is a run down of the weekend.
Thursday:
Less than a mile from home I realized that I didn't have my wedding ring on. We returned to home in hopes of finding it. After twenty minutes we gave up. The finger is smaller now than it was when I got married, so it can slip off. I don't want to get it resized until I am done with kids though, as it could get larger again!
AJU5 did pretty good on the trip. She slept/played for the first 3 hours. Then she wanted to eat. Unfortunately, there wasn't an open fast food restaurant open yet. So, she had to wait until about four hours in. Then she made it the last five or so hours without stopping (we stopped about 45 minutes after lunch for gas). She would have been more than happy to stop about an hour earlier, but there aren't good places to stop!
Once we got to the hotel and checked in, we emptied the car. While I was emptying the back seat, I found my ring! I was so happy. Shortly after getting everything to the room, AJU3 showed up and we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Then it was back to the hotel to hang out/rest until more of the family showed up (around 11pm).
Sleep: AJU5 ended up in our bed in the middle of the night. It is SO much fun to have a little one sleeping on your head/shoulder...
Friday:
After breakfast at the hotel, we got ready to go skiing. AJU5 stayed with her grandma - shopping, etc. It was great to ski since I hadn't in almost two years. Skiing is like riding a bike - you don't forget how! I was surprised that I didn't get tired or warn out before the guys!
After heading back to the hotel, we hung out and had dinner. Then we headed to Cabela's for a while. AJU5 fell asleep in the car on the way there. She stayed asleep in AJU1's arms until we tried to switch (AJU1 was getting tired). Then she rode around in the cart. She was happy as long as we were looking at the animals/fish. But, she was exhausted! She didn't fall asleep on the way back to the hotel because she saw her cup. She wanted her milk, but the cup was empty! It was not a fun 10-15 minutes ride back to the hotel.
Sleep: AJU5 slept like the night before - in our bed by around 2am.
Saturday: Around midnight, the other two showed up (AJU2 and his wife- they had to work on Friday). The rest of the day was somewhat like Friday. Skiing for the guys and I, AJU5 with Grandma and Aunt K. This time the "girls" went up to the mountain to ride on the tram and look around. By the end of the day though, I was tired/sore. My shins got bruised as usual, so I was worn out for sure. Back at the hotel, we had dinner and watched TV as a family. There was some picture taking, but as usual they are still on the camera.
Sleep: Same as before, except this time she was thristy as well at 1:30am (and 6am).
Sunday: After breakfast, we packed up, said goodbye, and hit the road. The others headed to church, but because it was in the opposite directions of where we were headed and it would make us get home quite late, we just left. AJU5 did fairly well this way as well. She wished to get out more, but it wasn't too bad.
One thing I did learn on this trip is that I am glad to be a stay at home/work at home mom. It felt weird not knowing what AJU5 was doing during the day. I missed seeing her experience the snow/tram ride. I missed being with her. Skiiing was great. I got to spend time alone with my husband on the lifts quite a bit. But, I missed my little one!
Now life is back to normal for a few more months probably - no trips scheduled/planned until May. Home Improvement Saturday will return this Saturday with grouting.
2 comments:
Sounds like lots of fun! I know what you mean. We have so much fun doing things together as a family it is always a little sad to drop the boys off on Monday morning. But they seem to enjoy it, and I enjoy working, so it's not too bad.
that sounds like a great weekend-- you're lucky to have such an adaptabe traveler!! glad you had a good time-- post some pics :)
Post a Comment