Well, today is my birthday. It didn't start of great, but at least it was DEFINITELY better than the last time I was pregnant and had a birthday! AJU5 cried at 2ish this morning. She put herself back down, but I woke up anyways. I didn't sleep great from then on. She did "agree" to stay in bed until after 7 though, so that was nice (i.e. she didn't cry or yell before then although I did hear her a few times talking). Shortly after getting her up, I felt nauseous. Yeah, morning sickness is still there! Luckily Zofran did the trick again. After it kicked in, it was like a normal day. I did take a bath while AJU5 napped this morning instead of my normal shower. Then we went to Target. We didn't get much, but we did look around for quite a while. I treated us to a pretzel and soda when we were done. I was going to go to the grocery store and get a cheese cake or other dessert, but I heard her making a mess in the back seat. I made the mistake of allowing her to have the soda on the way. She had opened it and was playing with the fruit punch. Obviously I didn't want to take her into a store covered in fruit punch (mainly because I didn't want to get covered as well). So, we just went home.
I had AJU1 grill some meat tonight - chicken sausage. So, all I had to prepare was the starch (heated up tortillas) and vegetable (microwaved some peas). AJU1 tried to keep AJU5 entertained for me as well, but that didn't always work. At least she normally just wanted me in the same room as her - laying on the couch was fine with her while she danced around! After a little pestering, AJU1 showed me what he has ordered for me - a sewing machine. It hasn't shipped yet (to our knowledge), but I think we might go look at stores to get ideas of what to make first :) I am not a great sewer, but I can do some of the basics and like to play around.
Now that AJU5 is in bed, AJU1 has been instructed to get me a bowl of ice cream (in 25 minutes - time determined before putting AJU5 down) and then I am going to relax. We might watch a movie or just TV - we will see.
So, another year older. I definitely don't feel older. It doesn't seem like high school and college were that long ago until I see how young of them look now! Hopefully I won't feel a lot older next year with two little ones adding grey hairs to my head!
2 comments:
Happy birthday! Enjoy your ice cream.
Happy birthday! I love sewing! Quilts are super easy with a machine and you get to pick out lots of fun fabrics!
Post a Comment