Friday, July 17, 2009

MIxed Feelings

One of our friends from church gave birth to her son this week. She was due a week before with (with Junior #2). It is hard to believe that if I hadn't miscarried, I would have a baby in my arms within the next few weeks. I think being pregnant again is helping me not be sad over this. I can feel Junior #3 move around. I got to see him/her yesterday at my 20 week ultrasound (we are waiting until birth to find out the gender). I know this is the baby God wants me to raise, not the one we lost 7 months ago. But, I still feel weird about it - not sad per se, but, yeah, I don't know...

Then I found out last night someone I knew from grad school (he was an undergrad) died. From Facebook, I figured out he was sick, but that is all I know. The messages about him being sick are less than a week old, so I know it wasn't a long fight. He was a Christian. We were friends at a campus ministry. He was about four years younger than me an recently married. I guess it was a wake up call to me. Life as I know it can change in a second. We don't know when our life here on earth will end. So, we have to make the most of every minute we have.

Happier post to come next!
I will get back to the product review/home improvement things next week I bet.

4 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I know it is hard, but you have a good perspective on it all.

Jen L. said...

Sending hugs.

Coach Mom said...

HUGS.....and praying for you too!

Sarah said...

So sorry for your losses. Happier days to come, right?