Monday, January 25, 2010

Keeping Up

So, I am able to keep up with the kids day in and day out. The basics are easy - feeding, changing, sleeping, etc. Even with AJU1 working 20 hours more than he usually does last week and not0so-nice weather that kept us inside most of the time, AJU5 seemed happy. I keep up with my work-work, grading and responding to questions as they come in. But, the house is falling apart! I make dinner every night, and i have even gotten fairly good at mixing up the menu a little bit so we aren't eating grilled chicken every night. But the cleaning - yeah, that is another story.

So, today, while the kids napped, I tackled a little bit of the kitchen. All of the dishes were loaded into the dishwasher and one countertop was cleaned. I also put stuff in the toilets so I could clean them here in a little bit. I still have to tackle the dining area, as one certain toddler drops a lot of food! We did get the downstairs vacuumed on Saturday, and of course I got the laundry done. Hopefully I can get the upstairs vacuumed this week too. Our house (other than dining area and sometimes the kitchen) aren't dirty, but it just isn't totally clean. I am not a huge fan of cleaning, but it needs to be done. It has been months since we dusted. We only mop once a month if it is a good month. The showers and tubs rarely get scrubbed.

What do you have the hardest time keeping up with?

2 comments:

Coach Mom said...

Housework is the first to go for me....my running joke whenever someone says, "I don't know how you do it"....is to answer, "Something has to give, so I gave up housework!"

Jen L. said...

I do one room a day. That's the only way I can keep things de-cluttered and cleaned! I can't stand to get behind on laundry (which I am weird and actually don't mind doing all that much), but I HATE mopping! We have a swiffer wet jet that I use several times a week to get the nasty dropped food off the floor and keep the place smelling fresh, then I do a good mopping on Saturdays.