Monday, July 21, 2008

Better than Last Year!

Last year, I was sick on my birthday. I thought I had the stomach bug. When I wasn't throwing up, I was on the couch or bed sleeping. I ate very little and drank mostly Gatorade all day. I found out 3 days later I had a kidney infection, most likely caused by AJU5's position (pinching some tubes). I got to spend 2 days in the hospital.

One year later I think back on those days. When I realized I had a kidney infection I was scared. I wanted the baby that was inside of me... That hadn't been true two months before when I found out I was pregnant... AJU5 was not planned... we had wanted to wait a few more years... There were days I prayed for a miscarriage. But when I got sick, I was worried about the little one inside of me. I had come to accept the pregnancy... I had accepted the role of mother.

No comments: