Thursday, July 3, 2008

That Was Fun...

Door bell rings. I go to the window to see who it is and see the Fed Ex truck in front of the house. So, I slip on my slippers and head down the stairs (no carpet on stairs yet - so shoes are needed). I open the door and see the Fed Ex man back at his truck and then notice the package be post. I step out to get the package and the door shuts... I check the door - and it is shut and locked! AJU5 is upstairs, in her pack-n-play, but awake (I heard her before I went downstairs). So, I go get the mail (because I don't want the FedEx man to see be breaking into my own house). He is still there, so I head to the back yard. I first try the sliding glass door downstairs. I get the first door and open the second one (for some reason the past owner put two doors in the same opening) until it runs into the board we have in the track. I try to squish my way through before I realize that isn't going to work (I can't get all of my leg through - how am I going to get my head through?). So, then I try the windows. Luckily we have some open because we have swamp coolers that require venting. I try to get the screen off of the open one, and it is stuck. SO I try another one. The screen comes off but the window is locked. I check the other windows, but I can't get the screens off. So, I go back to the first one (because it is an old window we are planning on replacing) and try again. I also try the door again. Finally, I get the screen off and open the window so I can slip through. Then I have to work around everything because that is where we have a lot of construction stuff stored. Finally I get to the door and open it so I can get the package...

Lesson Learned: Don't even step outside with the door open if it isn't unlocked!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Awesome foresight to get the mail first! That is scary! Glad it all worked out alright.