As my husband put it last night at church, I am three decades old today. I remember when I though 16 was old... then it was 21.. then 25... now I am 30 and don't know what is old. Many of my friends are older than me. I am the youngest of 4, and the one closest to me will turn 35 this year... My brother will be 41 in a few weeks... my other sister will be 39 later this year... But then I think of my husband's brothers... they are 26, 19, and 17... I remember when I started teaching here at the CC almost 5 years ago. Most of my students were about my age or older. Now more are younger than me (although I still have those that are older). It is crazy how things change when we aren't thinking about them!
AJU5 did sleep fairly well last night though. She only woke me up a few times. But, she was awake before 6 this morning... normally it is 6:30 before she is awake. It didn't matter much - I have work today so I had to get up around 6 anyways...
Lesson Learned/Remembered this Morning: Rice cereal mixed with my milk thins out when left to sit...
Questions for the Commenters:
1. Should I try watermelon or carrots with AJU5 next? We did bananas this past week (just mashed)...
2. What is your experience with the word "old?"
3 comments:
Yay for 30-- it wasn't that painful, huh?
Happy b-day!!
My students think I am old (and I guess I am, right, since today's freshmen were born in 1990??!!)
Harry loved cooked, mashed carrots!!
Thirty, schmirty! The thirties rock!
Happy birthday! :)
I just re-read this post and we're very similar in our family dynamic. I'm the youngest of four: 33 (me), 38 (half-brother), almost 44 (other-half-brother), 45 (other-half-brother).
At least we'll always be younger than our siblings!
Post a Comment