Hello Again!
Today I am 8 months old! Can you believe that? I am getting bigger every day, which scares Mommy and Daddy I think.
This past month I mastered sitting down after standing up. I am really glad I figured this out! I was tired of having to fall backwards when I was tired of standing. Now I can just squat down and crawl when I want to. I now pull myself up on everything and anything – from Mommy’s legs to the dishwasher to boxes. If it will support me, I will use it! I will even transition from one object to another without much thought these days – it is easier most of the time to not squat down, crawl a little, and then stand back up! I just wish I could climb up on to things. I keep trying, but I am just not tall enough!
I have also gained a dislike for clothes and diaper changes. This is because Mommy tries to keep me still and in one place. Doesn’t she know I want to be on the move whenever I am awake? I roll over and crawl away any chance I get. Unfortunately Mommy is faster than I am, so I always end up with a diaper back on before too long.
I love my bath time! I have learned to splash and make a big mess as a result. I soaked a towel and a bath mat yesterday! Daddy suggested I move to my bathroom as a result (it is almost done – hopefully by tomorrow I can use it). Maybe Mommy will let me take a bath in the big tub even! My pool is not so much fun. Even with all of my toys, I crawl out of it after about 5 minutes. Mommy suspects it is because I can crawl out of it, unlike my bathtub. But those five minutes I am in the pool are fun. I splash and crawl around until I get bored (and escape).
As for food, I am a big eater. Lately I have had one banana, two ice cubes of plum, two ice cubes of veggie, and one tablespoon on oatmeal each day. I have had apple, banana, plum, peas, green beans, carrot, and avocado plus rice, oatmeal, and barley cereals. The only one I am not a huge fan of is the plum – and that is fine if it is mixed with the banana. Next up is peaches!
Now, at night I am not a good sleeper. I will start off in my bed (around 7:30/8:00). By 10, I normally cry. Luckily for Mommy and Daddy, I am not fully awake and Mommy can get me back to sleep by rubbing my back. Then I wake up again around 11 because I am hungry. Normally I want to play too, so it is hard to get me back to sleep. So, I end up in bed with Mommy and Daddy. I wake up at least once (if not two or three times) more before 6am. Mommy is trying to work with me on this, but I am not so sure about it. She keeps mentioning how things will change when I get my own room in a few weeks… We will see…
I am still willing to let almost anyone hold me. Just don’t try to take me away from Mommy if I am hungry! If I am sleepy, it depends on my mood if I will let someone else hold me. Daddy is normally an okay replacement, but I am not always sure about others when it is close to sleepy time.
I still only have two teeth. I still drool and chew on everything, but I have no idea how much longer it will take for the next ones to come in. My hair keeps growing though! It is a reddish color these days. My eyes are a blue-green mix depending on what I am wearing.
Well, I better go. This bin of hangers looks like a fun place to play!
Love,
AJU5
No comments:
Post a Comment