Saturday, August 2, 2008

Plums!

I made plums this week (Wednesday). First, I pealed them and put them in the pot to steam.

Then I pitted them and mashed them.

Finally, I put them in ice cube trays and froze them.

I put the little bit I had left after filling three trays in the fridge for AJU5's first taste. That night she ate all of her carrots and was still hungry. So I got the plums out and fed them to her. Her face made it clear that they were a little tart for her. So, I mixed in some banana. She seems to like the banana-plum mixutre. So, it is what she now gets for breakfast and lunch (with oatmeal occasionally added in). So what to try next? I want to do another veggie once we are almost out of carrots. Any suggestions?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy, especially since we have a plum tree in our yard.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the illustrated guide!!

I am taking a baby food making class on October 6th (with Harry, I did mainly Gerber, so I have a lot to learn), but I'm glad you have tips I can browse in the meantime!