Yesterday around 5pm AJU5 decided to be upset. The only problem was I had no idea what had made her so upset! The only thing that would keep her calm was holding her while standing up. So, we went for a short walk. We were on our way back when one of the neighbors drove by (and parked at their house). Their daughter - 7 yrs old) came running towards us saying "Hi AJU5" (well, not AJU5, but her name). So I started talking to her. Then her brother -3 - started crying so we went to see what the problem was (he had popped his balloon and was sad). Their mom invited me in and I ended up talking with them for about an hour. It was nice to have adult conversation. The funny part was they have a very gentle smaller (but not tiny) dog. AJU5 was not so sure about him. She cried for a while when he was close. So, I put her in my lap and he just sat there. Then, once they were both calm, I put her down. When ever he would come close, she would get this look on her face and back away. By the end of our time there she was getting more comfortable with him though. I am hoping she will get over her fear before too long. We don't have pets and aren't planning on having pets, but I don't want her to be afraid when she goes to my in-laws or is at a friend's house.
In other news:
We don't have a TV. We have cards in our computers to watch and record TV with though. The only problem is it isn't working! So, I haven't watched any of the Olympics. I keep reading posts about them, and I feel like I am missing so much! But, not having a TV keeps me from spend HOURS in front of it (instead I am in front of the computer a lot).
Oh - and Marianne asked when AJU5 started teething. Her first tooth poked through on June 4 - 10 days before she turned 6 months old. The other one poked through the next day. No more have appeared, although she drools a lot and chews on just about everything! We are waiting for number 3 and 4 to come any day now...
2 comments:
Aw, neighbors! That's so nice.
No TV?! That would be so good for me...
I finally did the tag!!
Post a Comment