Last night I was talking with a 6 year old as I watched her, her 2 year old brother, and AJU5 in the nursery at church. They are not regular attendees, but they had been to Sunday morning service aa few times. The 6 year old was talking to me and told me she hopes I will be a good mom unlike her mom. She told me how her mom yells at them and occasionally cusses around them. By the conversation, I don't think the mom is abusive; I just think she isn't a good mom. Actually, last night was the first time I had ever seen her mom. Normally their dad brings them (he was there too), and he seems to take a lot of the lead in the parenting. Their grandfather and uncle are members of the church and a really nice. The grandfather is always so happy around AJU5 and the other little ones of teh church. So, they are good roll models for the kids.
If you are the praying type, please pray for this family. There are actually three kids, with an older brother probably about 10-13 years old. I pray for a stong family - that one day the girl (6 yr old) will say she has a good mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment