Sunday, September 21, 2008

Product Review - Meal Time

Playtex My First Sippy Cups
These are okay. The spout isn't as soft as many others, so it can be a challenge to get a lot out of it for a little one. We are going to use these as a second transition - before we go to the standard sippy cups.

Munchkin Mighty Grip Training Cup
This is a better first sippy in my opinion. It has a silicon top, which is a lot like a bottle top. Even though AJU5 didn't use a bottle much, she is drinking out of this a lot better than the Playtex. I bought these at Babies-r-Us yesterday since they didn't have the Munchkin ones - they are very similar and have a cap to keep the spout, etc clean.

Kiddopotamus Timy Diner Placemat
This worked pretty well today when we went out to eat. AJU5 was able to pull it off - but only by lifting the edge. That meant that the food just got moved to the middle of the mat - not a problem at all! The tray in front worked well as well, although she is sort of short in the standard restaurant high chair...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had an idea that I should assemble a baby feeding kit with one of everything--different brands of bottles, sippy cups, etc. I could pass it to a friend when their baby enters that stage, like some kind of lending library to see what works for them, and then pass it along to the next person. I wasted so much time and energy trying different sippy cups, for example, and then they just sat in a drawer.

KG said...

My son will (still) ONLY use the Nuby soft sippy cups OR my reusable water bottle (non BPA). At least it's not a BABY bottle, right?

Sarah said...

I love those mat things-- we still use them for Harry.

The Take and Toss sippies by the First Years are pretty good, too.