AJU5 moved into what will be the office last night. It took her a little longer to stop crying and sleep last night, but after that she seemed to be fine. I ended up spending most of the night on the floor with her (the room is empty except for her pack-n-play, egg crate thing to sleep on, pillows, and blankets). AJU1 will be out of town Wednesday and Thursday nights, so we will try some sleep training then. My first goal is to get her to sleep for 3 hours at a time. I will close the doors to both rooms, so I shouldn't hear her too much. The alarms will be set at three hour increments so I can get up and go into the office and wait for her to wake up (if she isn't already awake). Once she gets that down, we will increase to 4 hours. Hopefully we can get to 5-6 hours by Thanksgiving!
Part of me things that she is waking up to pee. She seems to be slightly wet when I get her out of bed. Unfortunately, she won't go back to sleep for more than an hour unless she nurses first (I have tried on two separate occasions to let her cry it out). So, it is a no-win situation. If I let her nurse, she is going to have to pee. If I don't let her, she cries for almost an hour, falls asleep for about an hour, and then cries again for an hour.
Any suggestions or thoughts?
2 comments:
Oh, bless your heart! Dean JUST started sleeping through the night, and has only done it about 5 times. We got lucky...he's one of those babies that doesn't care if he's wet. In fact, he only really wakes up if he's leaked all the way through his diaper and PJs. To try and help him sleep through the night (Which he now does most nights, Praise the Lord!)we moved his dinner time just a bit later. I don't know what your bedtime routine is, so that might not be good for her. It was kind of a "final straw" thing for us and, thankfully, it worked well. Good luck with sleep training! I look forward to hearing how it goes!
Oh, I feel your pain!!
With Harry, we just co slept until he was a year and he magically slept through the night then and has been sleeping on his own, in his own bed ever since.
But Jack is a horse of a different color-- he CANNOT fall asleep without fussing and nursing, and he wakes up 4 times at least to eat through the night. We are co sleeping right now, and it is KILLING me, so we're thinking of sleep training, but they crying dives me crazy.
Have you read The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley? It may be worth a glance.
Good luck!!
Post a Comment