Thursday, September 11, 2008

Storytime!

Today we went to storytime at our library. They have one class for 0-35 months and another for 3-5 year olds. There is no storytime during the summer, so last week was actually the first possible week we could go (during the spring we were at work during storytime). But, she was sick then, so that meant today was the first time we went. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, but the "teacher" was done in 15 minutes. I think she is new at it, so I am not worried. The next 20 minutes were left for us to talk and the kids to play. AJU5 did great with the other kids. She did try to take their toys occassionally, but I could redirect her quickly. When others tried to take hers, she would hold on if she was really into the toy. Otherwise she would just give it up and get another one.

It is all moms and grandmas (or at least it was today), and the kids range from 7 months to about 2 1/2. The older ones tend to have a younger sibling there or on the way. Although I didn't talk to the mommies too much, it was nice to be around other moms with young kids. They all seemed really nice. Some obviously knew each other from the spring (or longer), but that is fine. The two grandmas and I were all first-timers. Hopefully next week goes just as well!

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

Hi! It's Jen from "Hey Y'all!" Storytime sounds like a blast. I'm planning to go to the library in our new town next week to see if they have one. If they don't, I may volunteer to organize one! It's so good for kids this age to be social.

Corie said...

I can't wait for our lil one to get older so we can do story time at the library!!
What a great thing for kids...