Tuesday, November 4, 2008

C is for...

Cranky and Critical

I couldn't pick just one...

First, there are definitely times I am cranky. Sleep deprivation, a not so happy child or husband, and work are the normal causes. So times I deal with my crankiness well. Other times, I take it out on those around me. I put AJU5 in her room and let her cry when she just wants to be held. I yell at my husband or am just snappy around him. I retreat into my little box and hide (not a real box though...). Luckily, I am learning to do better with my emotions. I still get frustrated and cranky, but I don't resort to the worst of my habits during those times. If it is work or AJU5, then we go for a walk a lot of the time. If it is my husband, then I tell him why I am upset and get over it...

Critical - this is one of my majors flaws I think. I am quick to judge a lot of the time. I don't verbalize by critical feelings towards others. Instead, they just rattle around in my head. I try not to judge the person at least, but I am not always able to do this. I find myself watching people and saying in my head, "I will not do that" or "Wow, that person is ___". As I have faced some of the challenges I have judged others about, I have realized that maybe they weren't doing anything wrong. For example, I was shocked that our friends just let their kids go into the backyard and play. I thought I would always be keeping an eye on my kids until they were at least 4 or 5. But now I let AJU5 play out of sight as long as I know she is in a safe place (i.e. can't get to the stairs or construction zones).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AJU5 has learned how to open our shower door... it made for a "fun" shower this morning! I had one hand keeping the door shut while the other hand was busy shaving my legs. She is no longer allowed in the bathroom while I shower!

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

I'll bet that WAS a fun shower!

My C is creative. I've always had a really active imagination, which is why I went into theatre. When working or teaching, I try to be creative in how I approach things, rather than just standing and talking "at" my students. I also try to be creative in my marriage and mothering, doing fun and different things with Marcus and Dean.

Sarah said...

My C's are the same as yours.