Saturday, November 8, 2008

F is for....

Fearful.

I am AFRAID of heights. I almost lost it Thursday night when we were installing a new light in our entry way. I had to stand three steps up and hold the monstrosity while my husband got it attached. But, we made it... I am also afraid of bugs and spiders. I have gotten a little better at killing them, but it is only for AJU5's safety. If AJU1 is home, I try to make him do it (he doesn't like them either). I am also afraid of failure. Sometimes I refuse to try something because I think I will fail (or not do a good enough job).

AJU5 is afraid of standing on her own. Or walking with only one hand sometimes. She drops as soon as we let go most of the time. She will talk one handed if the other hand is occupied (with a spoon for example), but otherwise she will just stand there and wait until we give her the second hand. The stairs can also be scary to her. She is GREAT at going up. She doesn't even think twice most of the time. But, she isn't so sure about going down... She does like to play a "chase me" game where she crawls to the top of the steps and acts like she is going down, but most of the time she stops well short (which is good!).

What "F" work would you use to describe yourself or your child? What are you afraid of?

1 comment:

Jen L. said...

As we learned from my blog, I am afraid of big hairy spiders who look like they should belong to the crab family. I am also terrified of clowns. I had bad experience with a clown as a child.