Old-fashioned.
So much of what I like is outdated or old-fashioned. I don't spend time getting the latest wardrobe. I prefer to wear jeans and solid tops most of the time. It doesn't matter what is in style - I will wear what is comfortable for me.
I also get called old-fashioned because I am a traditionalist. I think the parents are the best ones to teach and raise their kids. I am willing to give up my career to raise and teach my kids. We don't need to have all of the new toys either. We do have computers and an XBox 360, but that is because my husband loves technology. But, we currently don't have a TV. Our cars are 6 and 11 years old. We want to buy our next car for cash. We want to have our house paid off in 7-10 years from when we bought it. We don't have any debt other than the house.
<><><><><><>
I almost had a heart attack this morning. I was eating my cereal and reading blogs when I glanced to see if AJU5 needed more food. She was OUT of her high chair! Her hands were on the countertop and only one food was perched on the tray to her high chair. It definitely scared me. I am now watching her a lot closer. Also, I am going to move her booster chair back downstairs and use that in the future. She is just too good and squirming out of the high chair. It doesn't have the shoulder straps, and she is skinny enough to wiggle out of the lap belt (which is tight when I put her in). Then she can fit between the tray and the back even though the tray is pushed all the way in...
I also didn't post about the fact she is 11 months old! Can you believe that? In a month she will have a birthday! We are planning on doing somethings mall at church that night - duck theme. Then my mom will do something for her when we are there for Christmas (the family doesn't live within 8 hours of here, so they won't be able to attend her party on her birthday).
Finally, I gave her cheese with lunch today. She seems to like it. I want to get her onto milk at a year. I want to have her weaned by anout 18 months (2 years at the latest). Her teeth are making it uncomfortable to breastfeed a lot of the time. She had rubbed one spot raw that is finally healing by changing positions...
2 comments:
Oh my! Helen is almost 10 months--I'd be shocked if she climbed out of her chair.
Oh my gosh-- she can climb out of her chair?? Yikes!
Harry LOVED cheese at that age-- also organic yogurt.
He was totally cool going from breast milk to cow's milk, although he did keep nursing in the evening until I got pregnant again.
I can't believe she's almost 1-- the baby months go so fast, huh?
Post a Comment