We are on night three of sleeping issues. First it was the fireworks, then it was God's fireworks (thunder and lightning). Last night it was teeth followed by a dog this morning (see end for dog story). AJU5's top teeth are almost through. You can see the white lines just under the gums. So, she was very cranky last night. She went down early (7:45), but woke up around 8:45. I fed her and tried to put her back to sleep. I let her cry, I tried to feed her, and neither worked. I didn't want to hold her because I knew she would fall asleep in my arms but then have issues laying her own bed. Finally my husband held her. Then he mentioned her teeth (we had looked at them before church, but I had completely forgotten about them! BAD MOMMY). So, I went and got her teething tablets. When she cried again, I gave them to her. After a little bit (it was about 9:45 at this point), I realized she might want a topping off before falling asleep. So I took her, let her eat and she crashed. I was able to get her back in her bed without waking up. But, she did wake up more than normal during the night. So she spent a lot of the night in my arms in bed.
Now for the dog - at 5:30 this morning AJU5 and I both woke up to a dog barking. AJU1 was just finishing getting ready for work, so when he came into the room I mentioned that I wanted to kill the dog. He looked at the window and realized the dog was in our yard and it was having a turf war with the big orange cat. Now, neither of these two are ours. So, they were fighting over property that neither of them is technically owners of. Eventually the dog quieted down (I don't know who won), but we were both too awake at that point... So it was cranky AJU5 this morning... lack of sleep plus teeth will do that to a baby!
2 comments:
Oh, teething! Can't wait for that this time around...
So - I have major sleep issues with my kid. Heh - when I first brought him home I thought I was so awesome. SOO awesome. Because he slept great - in his own crib - 8 hour stretches from maybe 6 weeks on.
Then? Hubby left for Iraq and . . .um . . . that went downhill fast. Now he sleeps again - sleeps great! But not in his own bed - in mine.
My motto is - as long as he's sleeping somewhere (and thus I'm sleeping somewhere), no problem! Plus it makes breastfeeding so easy . . . though my son is thankfully not into the night feedings anymore.
Post a Comment