Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Day...

Technically, today is my last day as a full-time faculty member. So, it is also the last time I had to come to the office to work. Now I just need to move out of the office... Luckily, no one is moving in for the fall term. That means I have a while until I HAVE to have my things gone. The plan is to come once a week and box things up. When I have the chance, I will bring a box or two home (although it is hard to move things with AJU5). Hopefully we will have the office at home set up before the fall term starts (Sept 2 here). If not, I will survive!

We also had a lunch today for a fellow faculty member who is retiring for good. We sent to Sweet Tomatoes. It was my first time there, and I liked it. It wouldn't be a place AJU1 would like because of the lack of protein, but it was nice for lunch.Plus, AJU5 got lots of attention. Many of my colleagues are old enough to be grandparents if they aren't already - so they goo and gaa over her. It was fun.

Now to head home. AJU1 is out of town for work, so I think we will take it easy this evening.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We're at opposite tasks these days-- I need to move IN to my office this week-- but yes-- moving with a baby (I bring Jack because of his need to eat) is not very easy. Also, I heart Sweet Tomatoes!

Becca said...

Lunch sounds nice! Enjoy the quiet evening.