AJU5 now has peaches and plums for breakfast. I peeled them, steamed them, and then diced/pureed them (the dicing was taking forever, so I through a bunch into the blender). Since I couldn't fit all of the peaches I bought, I ended up making a second batch the next day. I first made a batch of carrots that day - and in the process remembered that we have this. It worked great! I think it is easier than the blender because I don't have to stop and mix so everything gets blended. It is also quieter and easier to clean (AJU5 is not a friend of the blender). I ended up using it for the carrots, peaches, and some green beans.
I decided to make so much food because we are almost out of new food options for the month. I can't find any good squash in town, and that is about the only veggie for 6-9 months she hasn't had. We still have some fruit options, but the 6-9 month and the 9-12 month recommendations are very similar. So, we have time to add them. With all of the food we have in the freezer now (I also froze more avocado this week too), I won't have to cook anything for her in a while.
Oh, and for the carrots, I tried the baby already peeled carrots, and they worked well. I hate peeling carrots, so I thought this was a lot easier.
1 comment:
Yum! And so healthy. Will come back to this in 2 months when our solids adventure begins...
Post a Comment