Monday, November 3, 2008

B is for...

Bravery.

Now, I don't have to be that brave most days, but AJU5 is certainly getting brave! She almost crawled onto the tray of her highchair this morning (luckily I got her down and out before that happened). Other times, she isn't so brave. She is scared to stand on her own - dropping almost immediately after we let go of her hands. But on the flip side again, she is fine with "strangers" most of the time (unless she is hungry or sleepy).

I know when she gets older I am going to have to put on a brave face when we go to the doctors office and such. She has also made me more brave in a way already. I am very introverted. But, with her (and because my husband makes me), I am having to be more outgoing and do things I wouldn't have done otherwise. It is still a struggle sometimes, but we are both working on the bravery!

What is your favorite b adjective to describe yourself (that isn't a bad word)?

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

Haha, since I read your note there at the end, the ONLY B words I can think of are bad ones! AAH!
These days, I am BLUBBERY! Maybe it's post-partum hormones. Everything makes me tear up. My husband used to be the softie in the family. Looks like things are changing...

Sarah said...

I agree that having kids makes you brave. I am also pretty shy, and I have to force myself to be outgoing with kids and their parents when I am out with Harry and Jack.

But, my B word is definitely BOSSY :)