Determined.
There are quite a few descent choices for D actually, but i have chosen to go with determined. AJU5 is definitely determined to do some things. She will crawl over anything to get to what she wants. She will cry until we give into her request some times. She will refuse a substitute if it isn't exactly what she wants.
I am also determined most of the time. Once I set my mind to doing something, I see it to completion. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, I will keep going. In college, I was this way with some of the activities I was involved in. I had made the commitment to them, and I wasn't willing to back down even though my schedule was crazy! I ended up being involved in a social sorority, a service fraternity, two honor societies, two department organizations, and two varsity sports*. I also had 17 credits int he spring... I made it through though and enjoyed most of it. I have a hard time quitting. I don't like to admit defeat or weakness. As a result, I tend to push myself farther than I need to. So, being determine is both a good and a bad attribute for me.
*I went to a SMALL university - about 1500 students total. We competed in Division III athletics. I am not great at either sport, but my determination made me competitive especially in tennis (I would just wear my opponents out sometimes).
4 comments:
Ooh! I love your banner! And good for you for doing Napoblomo. Determined, indeed!
Great post! It's amazing how determined little ones are.
I'm gonna say "Driven." (for many of the same reasons you are "Determined!") I also set goals and work hard to reach them.
And as moms of active little ones, we HAVE to be driven and determined, don't we!?!?
So this is totally the wrong kind of comment, but I started thinking "I bet there is only one division III school with ~1500 students that has chapters for that sorority, fraterntiy, and two honor societies. I could probably figure our where she went to school." But then I remember that (1) it would take a long time (2) I have other, better things to do with my morning and (3) that would be a really weird and stalker-ish thing to do.
Post a Comment